Skip to main content

FriYAY!!

I's FriYAY!!! It's racing weekend for me and I'm excitedly scared out my mind  to run this half. This race wasn't even in my radar until my ever so sweet husband continually pushed, much like my best friend did in January, that I experience 13.1 prior to racing it. Name a better way of running.. I couldn't think of any other so a race on my 13.1 long run day is exactly what I decided to do.
The Petersbug Halloween Half Marathon
As a mother of 2 on a budget, I choose races that tend to be cheaper in cost. (Richmond was a tad bit more, almost $40 and yes I was late in registering.) Although this is the cheapest Half I've entered in it offers more than the Sentara Colonial Half Marathon did. Or so they are saying. They are offering, according to my email, a free bag check inside of  Union Station, which is also the start and finish line. There is 500 free parking spaces just 100 yards away from the start. Water and Gatorade at miles 2,4,5.8, 7.5, 8.5, 10, 12 and even are offering gels at mile 7.5. Imagine the smile on my face when I get this email and can check, double check and even triple check this to confirm it is not a dream like the water situation at my first half marathon. The other thing that I was not expecting from a race this small was pacers. Another thing not offered at my first half so I am eager to get the opportunity to use them prior to the Richmond run. 

Sunday will be a true test run for the American Family Fitness Half Marathon and that excites me more then anything. I'm trying to decide between running with the 2:30 Pacer or pushing myself and doing the 2:15 group.... I know I can do it.. I can do anything I put my man to... What would you do? Last Half was Feb ran 2:26 minutes.. Talk to me here or on Instagram here: HerbNRun


 
 

Comments

The People's Choice:

Kill Gym Funk with Vinegar!

Vinegar and gym funk? Say what! Yup Vinegar can kill gym funk. If you've been in the kitchen, watched Doctor Oz or ever did research on losing weight you've heard the word vinegar before. Health nuts drink the red type. Red vinegar is actually used by a number of naturalist to clean their hair and flush fat. White vinegar was a staple in my childhood as my mom used it to clean chicken, wash mirrors and windows and after one trip to Canada, wash clothes. Those of you in the laundry business know what I am talking about. My mom's cousin owned his own laundry mat in Ontario, Canada. One summer changed the course of laundry in my home. Uncle Carl, as I called him, told mom he placed white vinegar in the washing machines to help brighten and whiten the clothes. Over the years I got away from using vinegar on all my loads but recently came back to it. Here are 5 reasons why you should consider using vinegar in your laundry, especially your gym clothes today. 1. Ki

Ukrop's Monument 10k Recap

This weekend was my second time toeing the start line of the Ukrop's Monument 10k. It is dubbed RVA's 10k. Some 30,000 racers from elite to walker toed this start line. I toed the line in a non seeded seat. What does that mean? To best explain it here is a excerpt from the Ukrop's Monument 10k page : Wave Categories Seeded Waves  Require proof of time. The first 21 waves are reserved for runners who finish faster than 63 minutes. You may use the following items as proof of time: 2017  or  2018  Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k finish time Results from any other race since January 1, 2018: Finisher’s certificate, printed race result, website results or a newspaper clipping We can convert any race, from a 5k up to a marathon, into an  10k Time Conversion Chart . For more information about Seeded Waves and our new Sub 40 Club,  click here . Non-Qualified Running Waves  DO NOT require proof. For anyone planning to finish faster than 70 minutes (11:16 per mil